Attending Nurse Practitioner
The North of Superior Health Care Group – Wilkes Terrace Long Term Care Home has an immediate opening for a full time Attending Nurse Practitioner.
The Attending Nurse Practitioner (NP) reports to the Chief Nursing Officer and is
responsible for and is also accountable to the Medical Director for meeting the Long-Term
Care Home’s (LTCH) policies, procedures, and protocols for medical services. The
Attending NP works within their legislative scope of practice as described and outlined by
the College of Nurses of Ontario. The Attending NP collaborates with the resident and
family/caregiver, and the health care team in the development, implementation and
evaluation of the resident’s plan of care; provides leadership, education and mentorship
to LTCH staff.
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Registered Nurse in the Extended Class (Primary Health Care or Adult) and entitled to practice
- Post-graduate education and experience in gerontology preferred
- Specialty certification in gerontological nursing preferred
- Post-graduate certificate and experience in palliative care preferred
- CNA Certificate in Geriatric Nursing preferred
- Membership in professional association e.g. NPAO
Bilingual an asset
To submit a resume or for more information please contact:
Beth Ryan, Chief Human Resource Officer
Accommodations for persons with disabilities will be provided upon request.