Medical Laboratory Technologist
Wilson Memorial General Hospital has an immediate opening for a Full Time (0.8FTE) Medical Laboratory Technologist.
Located along the beautiful North shores of Lake Superior, the community of Marathon and surrounding area offers a relaxed lifestyle, an abundance of outdoor recreational activities, and a comprehensive community infrastructure that supports and promotes clean, healthy living and a comfortable work-life balance.
Wage: $31.53 - $44.33 (plus call-ins paid at double time, minimum 4 hours)
Recognition of previous experience in determining salary
$1000 recruitment allowance
$500 accommodation allowance for three (3) months
$1500 at the completion of probation
$2500 following one (1) year of employment
- HOOPP Pension
- Dental and Extended Health
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- On-site parking (free)
- Travel and cell phone allowances
- Continuing education, training and career development opportunities
- 8 hour shifts
- After hours and weekend call rotation (call-ins paid at double time, minimum 4 hours)
- Degree or diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology from an accredited university or community college.
- Current Registration with the College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Ontario.
- Certified Medical Laboratory Technologist (MLT) with the Canadian Society of Laboratory Technologists.
- Phlebotomy skills essential
- Experience with Quality Management Systems an asset
- Must be able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) in the English language in order to provide excellent communication with team members, patients and families
- Bilingual is an asset
- Must have basic computer skills (Meditech an asset)
- Committed to maintaining confidentiality
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs laboratory tests and quality control procedures in core lab (hematology, chemistry, transfusion medicine)
- Procures and labels specimens in accordance with established protocols
- Organizes time to collect, assay and report patient results in a timely manner
- Produces quality results
- Recognizes, troubleshoots and communicates equipment and reagent malfunctions and initiates appropriate remedial action in a timely manner
- Participates in Quality Assurance activities
To submit a resume or for more information please contact:
Beth Ryan, Chief Human Resource Officer
The North of Superior Healthcare Group is committed to providing high quality client-centered care by building a respectful and inclusive workforce that reflects the diverse population it serves. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.